Since the opening of our new Mission 27 Resale Store at 132 Leota St., the need for donated material goods and volunteers is constantly growing and changing. We need to make certain we always have enough merchandise and enough hands to keep the store running at peak efficiency. This monthly wish list will let you know what we need at the store/Distribution Center for our clients and our customers.
It will also outline our critical volunteer needs at both the Distribution Center and the Food Pantry. Revenue generated from Mission 27 Resale will be used to supply more nutritional food to those we serve and to expand our Changing Lives Forever Program.
Material donations needed: Sofas, Dressers, Dining Room Tables/Chairs, Card Tables, Blankets, Pots & Pans, Men’s Jeans, Children’s Clothing
Donations of clothing, shoes, and purses can be dropped in one of 24 drop boxes in the city or at 1201 E. Maryland St., and large items can be picked up; call (317) 687 – 1006. If you know of any hotels, apartments, offices, or other facilities that are renovating, please let us know and we can contact them to pick up furniture and appliances they no longer need.
Distribution Center, 1201 E. Maryland–Volunteers needed:
- Dock workers Mon.-Sat. 9am-4pm
- Truck Drivers & Helpers Saturdays 7:30am-1pm
- Clothing Sorters Monday-Thursday 1-4pm
- Referral Desk Sat. 10am-1pm and 1-4pm
- Personal Shoppers to assist clients Monday-Saturday 10am-1pm and 1-4pm
Food Pantry, 3001 E. 30th St.–Volunteers needed:
- Wednesday Food Delivery Drivers to homebound clients, between 10:30am-6pm
- Thursday Evening Asst. Manager and/or Group Volunteer Coordinator 4:30-8pm
- Friday Asst. Day Manager 7:30am-1pm
- Friday Stocking Manager 1-4pm
- Saturday Asst. Manager and/or Group Volunteer Coordinator 8am-12pm
Contact: Darlene Sweeney, Volunteer Coordinator, (317) 924 – 5769, x 238, darlene.sweeney at svdpindy.org.