If you’re cleaning out your closets, cupboards and garages, St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) is ready to take your stuff! And to make it easy, we’re hosting several Stuff-A-Truck events at local parishes. The neighbors we serve are in need of items—everything from clothing and linens to household goods and furniture. We also need bicycles, helmets, locks and backpacks for our unsheltered neighbors. What you no longer want or need can be repurposed for another individual or family.
We will have trucks at parishes on the following days:
- April 15 – Immaculate Heart of Mary (5692 Central Ave.)
- May 13 – Our Lady of Greenwood (335 S Meridian St, Greenwood)
- June 10 – St. Barnabas Catholic Church (8300 Rahke Rd.)
- July 15 – St. Monica Catholic Church (6131 Michigan Rd.)
- July 29 – St. Pius X (7200 Sarto Dr)
On each parish’s Stuff-A-Truck day, the SVdP truck will be parked in the parish parking lot from 9-11 a.m. Donors should simply drive up and place their donations by the truck. SVdP staff will load the donations into the truck after donors drive away.
All donations are appreciated; however the following items are usually in short supply:
- Washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves (no gas appliances)
- Dressers, chests of drawers, night stands
- Bicycles (adult sizes preferred)
- Dining room or kitchenette tables and chairs
- Small appliances: toasters, irons, can openers, coffee makers, slow cookers
- Pots and pans and cooking/eating utensils
- Dishes, glassware
- Fans, area rugs, vacuum cleaners
- Couches, loveseats, upholstered chairs, sectional sofas (no more than 2 pieces), recliners, coffee and end tables
- Soft goods: clothing, shoes, purses, bed linens, towels, blankets, curtains
Please put your clothing and other soft good donations into plastic trash bags and household items in boxes.
Keep in mind, we are seeking basic household items that are in good enough condition to give to people without resources to purchase them. Torn, broken or dirty items, although offered to SVdP in good faith and good intent, will be declined.
Darlene Sweeney – firstname.lastname@example.org