By Shirley Boardman
Gifts and donations from organizations and volunteers throughout Central Indiana came together to provide 427 children with Christmas at St. Vincent de Paul in Brown County. Generous donations of toys, toiletries, books, backpacks, candy and handmade hats, gloves and scarves made Christmas brighter for these children.
We are grateful to the following contributors, who made this possible:
- Giving Tree at St. Agnes Catholic Church
- David’s Episcopal Church
- Nashville United Methodist Church
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Advent campaign hosted by the children of St. Barnabas School (Indianapolis)
- Kroger Company
- Half-Price Books
- Brown County Knitters
- The Caring Center in Lebanon • Community Toy Campaigns
The food pantry also distributed 22,000 pounds of food—some of which was the result of the Brown County Rotarian’s “Fill the Gazebo” campaign as well as South Central REMC’s food drive. Forty-seven volunteers logged 720 hours accumulating these donations.