As the Society of St. Vincent de Paul—Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council continues to evolve, there is an increased need for continuity and sustainability throughout our operations. This continuity and sustainability fosters continued growth and efficacy helping us increase our impact throughout Central Indiana. SVdP Indy offers employment opportunities with a compensation and benefits package, in addition to the satisfaction of delivering on our mission to serve the poor. We are committed to providing quality service in employment, training, employee relations, benefits and compensation. We support employees, striving to provide work environments that are engaging, competitive and enjoyable.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with state and federal law.
Our Mission 27 Resale Stores are looking for Full-Time Sales Associates, Sorters, Janitors, Drivers and Driver helpers.
Please fill out the application above or stop by our stores to drop it off.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and CFO
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To coordinate and supervise the general administrative office at the 30th street location in support of the Executive Team.
Key Activities 1: General Duties
- Greet guests
- Open and distribute the mail.
- Manage the conference room schedules.
- Assist clients, volunteers and staff with use of fax machine and copiers/printers.
- Maintain council and conference contact lists.
- Answer and respond to phone inquiries at the Administrative office.
- Purchase office supplies and other requested supplies and work with related vendors.
- Assist with special projects.
- Co-ordinate interoffice mail flow.
Specific finance department activity.
- Assist with Council Meeting preparation
- Reconcile credit card receipts to monthly statements.
- File vendor invoices.
- Prepare vendor payments
- Scan transaction supporting documents and attach in accounting system.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with the SVDP employee handbook
- Sign in/out on the time clock
- Understand and comply with the policies of the St. Vincent de Paul Society Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate commitment to neighbor and volunteer service. Establish effective relationships with neighbors, volunteers and staff.
- Perform duties as a team member in a manner supportive of the SDVP mission, policies and procedures.
- Protect confidentiality of SVDP, customer and neighbor information.
- Provide leadership to others through example and the sharing of your knowledge and skill.
- Communicate with others in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Learn about SVdP and its mission
- Dependable and punctual
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office skills a plus
- Able to work a flexible schedule Monday-Saturday based on office needs
- Pleasant and engaging personality
- Learn to give an educational and enjoyable, tour of the Food Pantry
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with people individually and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Be willing to perform all tasks that volunteers are asked to perform
- Ability to lift up to 25 LBS