To schedule a Saturday morning pick-up of usable major appliances (electric ranges, washers, electric dryers and refrigerators—(even if needing repair), furniture, lamps and other basic household items, complete our on-line form by clicking on the… SCHEDULE A PICK UP… box below, or call our Donation Line: 317-687-1006.
Clothing, linens, pots and pans, tableware, dishware, glassware and books are accepted if accompanied by other major items. Adult bicycles are also accepted (even if needing repair), along with helmets, locks, backpacks and reading glasses.
Lead time on pick-ups is typically up to 2 weeks. You will be notified promptly of the pick-up date after we receive the submission.
Please note that we do not accept used mattresses, box springs or bed frames at this time.
Donated items are always welcome if delivered directly to our Distribution Center at 1201 Maryland St. between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Holiday schedules may vary with receiving hours docks coinciding with the Mission 27 Resale Store hours which are 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Friday and on Saturday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Receiving docks are at the back (south) side of the building fronting on Georgia St.
Thank you for your generosity, and for making it possible for those who have few resources to get a second life from your still-usable items.
Wish List of Items Most Needed
All donations are appreciated, however the following items are usually in short supply:
- Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Stoves (no gas appliances)
- Dressers, Chests of Drawers, Night Stands
- Bicycles (adult sizes preferred)
- Dining Room or Kitchenette Tables and Chairs
- Small Appliances such as Toasters, Irons, Can Openers, Coffee Makers, Slow Cookers
- Pots and Pans, Cooking and Eating Utensils
- Dishes, Glassware
- Fans, Area Rugs, Vacuum Cleaners
- Couches, Sofas, Loveseats, Upholstered Chairs, Sectional Sofas (if no more than 2 pieces), Recliners, Coffee and End Tables
- Soft Goods (only if sent along with other items listed above) such as Clothing, Shoes, Purses, Bed Linens, Towels, Blankets, Curtains
Please keep in mind we are seeking basic household items that are in good enough condition to give to people without resources to purchase them. Torn, broken or dirty items, although offered to St. Vincent de Paul in good faith and good intent, will be declined.
List of Items We Cannot Accept
Unfortunately, we cannot accept every donation. A list of items we cannot accept is provided here. As a resource for you, a recycling link is provided for you to arrange the disposal of items that SVdP cannot accept.
Please also note, The Bally Foundation, distributes Durable Medical Equipment (walkers, crutches, bath stools, etc.) at no cost to individuals. The Bally Foundation can be contacted via email , or phone at 317-626-0782.
- Desks, Bookcases, Filing Cabinets, Office Chairs and Office Furniture
- TVs of all sizes, Stereos, Entertainment Centers
- Built-in Appliances such as Dishwashers, Cooktops, Range Hoods
- Computers, Keyboards, Monitors, Printers, Electronic Componentry
- Exercise Equipment
- Windows, Doors, Cabinets
- Mattresses, Box Springs, Headboards/Footboards, Bed Frames, Futons, Waterbeds, Sleeper Sofas
- Gas Heaters
- Lawn Mowers
- Pianos, Organs or Laptops
- Patio Furniture or Outdoor Grills
- Swing Sets, Toys, Games, Riders
- Wall-to-Wall Carpet or Remnants
- Window Air Conditioners
- Baby Beds, Cribs, Car Seats
SCHEDULE A PICK UP FIND A CLOTHING BIN LOCATION NEARBY