As the Society of St. Vincent de Paul—Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council continues to evolve, there is an increased need for continuity and sustainability throughout our operations. This continuity and sustainability fosters continued growth and efficacy helping us increase our impact throughout Central Indiana. SVdP Indy offers employment opportunities with a compensation and benefits package, in addition to the satisfaction of delivering on our mission to serve the poor. We are committed to providing quality service in employment, training, employee relations, benefits and compensation. We support employees, striving to provide work environments that are engaging, competitive and enjoyable.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with state and federal law.
Director of Operations, Pratt/Quigley Food Pantry
Reports to: Executive Director, Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council
Purpose of the job: Oversee all operational matters pertaining to the Pratt/Quigley SVdP Food Pantry.
Key Activity #1: Leadership
- Understand and comply with the strategic direction of the Indianapolis Council.
- Attend monthly strategic planning meetings as a member of the SVDP executive team.
- Communicate with all staff, volunteers, and patrons as needed to share information regarding pantry operations.
- Organize and facilitate monthly Food Pantry Operations meetings.
Key Activity #2: Logistics and Operations Management
- Ensure operational efficiency of the 30th St. warehouse facility and truck fleet.
- Manage vehicle registration, licensing, insurance and maintenance schedules.
- Manage food and supply inventory.
- Communicate regularly with the food procurement manager as well as shipping and receiving manager.
- Manage the maintenance of the pantry facility and equipment with support from the facility manager.
- Communicate regularly and promptly with SVDP food network partners via email, phone and text.
Key Activity #3: Safety, Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Institute and lead a safety culture of the employees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ensure adherence to TEFAP requirements and ensure monthly inventory, distribution, storage, and reporting compliance is taking place.
- Ensure compliance with ISDH regulations including the documentation of environmental temperatures.
- Manage rodent and pest control preventative maintenance.
- Manage the quality of the food product to ensure proper storage and distribution that optimizes fresh product and minimalizes spoilage and waste.
- Attend local Pantry Network meetings to represent SVdP.
Key Activity #4: Customer Service
- Communicate with, inform, inspire, and continuously acknowledge the important roles of each volunteer and employee.
- Provide an organized and rewarding experience for individual volunteers as well as groups.
- Keep the information board updated for volunteers.
- Partner and communicate with the SVDP Director of Volunteer Services regularly regarding volunteer needs.
- Provide support to SVDP conferences and ministries.
- Develop education strategy and implement initiatives for pantry patrons.
- Regularly obtain and report feedback from all pantry stakeholders to senior leadership.
Key Activity #5: Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the performance of employee operations staff positions, at the food pantry, which includes pantry operations as well as traffic/security operations.
- Communicate job expectations as related to their job descriptions, requirements and agency policy.
- Work with the Executive Director and the PEO (Tilson) as needed regarding employee issues and concerns that need to be addressed.
- Must have a valid IN driver’s license and driver’s insurance.
- Must be able to lift 70lbs.
- Must be able to operate both power and manual pallet jack equipment.
- Must have proper certification to operate and provide safety training involving forklift and power equipment operation.
- Submit to random drug testing and background checks as requested.
- Adhere to the mission and values of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Indianapolis Council.
To apply, fill out the application and email it with your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or click the button below. You can also mail it to us at SVdP CAREERS-OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, 3001 E. 30th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46218.