As the Society of St. Vincent de Paul—Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council continues to evolve, there is an increased need for continuity and sustainability throughout our operations. This continuity and sustainability fosters continued growth and efficacy helping us increase our impact throughout Central Indiana. SVdP Indy offers employment opportunities with a compensation and benefits package, in addition to the satisfaction of delivering on our mission to serve the poor. We are committed to providing quality service in employment, training, employee relations, benefits and compensation. We support employees, striving to provide work environments that are engaging, competitive and enjoyable.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with state and federal law.
Operations Director, Distribution Center
Reports to: Executive Director, Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council
Purpose of the job: Provide strategic leadership for all of the direct operational functions of the SVdP Distribution Center.
Key Responsibility #1: Organizational leadership
- Ensure compliance with directives from the Executive Director, Council President, Council Board of Directors, and SVdP National Council.
- Participate and contribute to the agency strategic planning process.
- Communicate the department and agency mission, vision and strategic goals to all department personnel, creating an understanding and desire to contribute towards the achievement of those goals.
- Actively participate in the executive team meetings, assigned committee meetings, in-service training sessions and professional development opportunities.
- Promotes respectful, open and trustworthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibility #2: Operational leadership
- Provide collaborative and logistical support for SVDP ministries operating out of the DC. This includes, but is not limited to, all of the homeless ministries, client referral operations, and Mission 27.
- Provide organized and engaging experiences for DC volunteers to participate in SVDP’s mission and ensure a team atmosphere between SVdP staff and volunteers.
- Provide supervision and performance management to all direct reports through the frequent communication expectations and solicitation of feedback.
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding of all direct reports, adhering to departmental and agency policies and procedures.
- Organize and lead Distribution Center monthly operations meetings with key ministry leads and DC operations staff.
Key Responsibility #3: Facility and vehicle oversight and maintenance
- Oversee the operational efficiency of the Distribution Center facilities and vehicle fleet.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and CFO, develop annual operating budgets and ensure budgetary compliance.
- Monitor facility infrastructure needs to ensure all safety measures and building code and inspection requirements are met.
- Continually assess repair and maintenance cost for all facility mechanicals, equipment and truck fleet. Provide recommendations for repair and replacement as needed.
- Coordinate with all service vendors, review related estimates and invoices and provide the business office with supporting documentation in a timely fashion.
- Oversee dock donation operations ensuring effective collection, inventory and storage of donated goods. Ensure support for client voucher process.
- Ensure store and referral client orders are filled from specified inventory and assisted with loading items into vehicles.
- Oversee baling operations to ensure baling targets are met and the routine scheduling of bale pick-ups.
- Oversee driver team and donation route operations, ensuring effective operations and customer service.
- Oversee appropriate disposal of unused donated goods: baling, recycling, landfill.
- Oversee the maintenance of the external grounds.
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to lift over 75lbs, drive 24’ freightliner vehicles, operate fork lift and pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
To apply, email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or click the button below. You can also mail it to us at SVdP CAREERS-OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, 3001 E. 30th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46218.